Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chicken recipe has been in my family for years and it is very simple to make.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (you can add more to your own liking)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (you can add more to your own liking)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (you can add more to your own liking)
- 1 (5 g) packet Sazon Goya seasoning
- white enriched flour
- pancake mix
- Thaw out the chicken, add seasoning directly to chicken and mix it up with your hands, sometimes you have to get a little messy (lol) pour flour into a bag or big bowl with a top and add a little pancake mix (pancake mix will add great coloring to the chicken) dump chicken in to the bag/bowl of flour mixed with the pancake mix and shake it up very well so that the chicken will coat evenly so that all of the chicken is covered with flour. shake excess flour off before placing in hot grease so that you don't get the crumb build up at the bottom of your frying pan.
Great simple recipe if you don't have time to marinate etc. i mixed the whole kit and kaboodle in a plastic bag, Spices, flour and pancake mix. Shake it up and it's ready. Lots of info left out of recipe though. I fried it in a deep fryer for 17 minutes at 365F for the temp to reach the recommended 195F internal, and 22 minutes if pieces are partially thawed. Result is juicy chicken pieces, very crispy and delicious. Thnx.