Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This makes the juicest and best flavored prime rib you will ever have!
- 8 -10 lbs boneless rib-eye roast or 8 -10 lbs bone-in beef rib roast
- 3 gallons peanut oil (and 1 fryer, with hook and stand, turkey fryer)
- 2 teaspoons ground rosemary or 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before you plan to serve your prime rib, mix salt, pepper and rosemary; rub the meat liberally with the mixture.
- Cover the meat and place it in the refrigerator over night.
- The next day, take roast out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (1-1 1/2 hours) before frying.
- Heat 3 gallons of peanut oil to 360 degrees.
- Slowly lower the prime rib into oil.
- You can except the oil to drop in temperature quickly, probably down to approximately 325 degrees; turn the heat up on the burner to bring back up to 350 degrees, then level off temperature.
- Cook prime rib for 3 minutes per pound of weight for medium-rare steaks, 4 minutes per pound for medium.
- Carefully remove from oil and let rest for 10 minutes; rest on top of several slices of bread to absorb grease.
- Slice and serve with horseradish sauce.