Recipe by Julesong
A response to a recipe request, I've heard interesting things over the years about fried pickles but have never tried them myself... :)
Top Review by mika_vumner
Yes, I've actually tried it, and it comes out just like the ones I love at a local sports bar! Perhaps we're weird down here in Louisiana - but you can eat them with one of two things - ketchup or ranch dressing topped with a little bit of Tony's Creole Seasonings. :)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 quart sliced dill pickle
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup flour, milk, worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder; stirring well; set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain, salt and pepper to taste.
- Also works great with pepperoncinis!