Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just dreamed it up one day. It seems like Panko bread crumbs make things better.
- 16 ounces chicken livers
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces panko breadcrumbs
- peanut oil (for frying, at least 2 inches deep in deep fryer)
- Heat oil in deep fryer 325 degrees F.
- Place flour,salt,cayenne,black pepper,and ginger.
- in a shallow dish. Mix well.
- Put eggs in a shallow dish.
- Pour Panko crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Coat livers with seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in beaten eggs and then coat with Panko bread crumbs.
- Fry a few at a time and cook until golden brown and
- livers are done. Serve with coleslaw or fresh salad.
Kudos!!! Your recipe piqued my interest because I had never seen a recipe for liver and onions that used ginger or Panko crumbs. I am SO happy I decided to try it. These were the absolute BEST I have ever eaten. I decided to soak the livers in milk for an hour ( I just think it draws out some of the strong flavor of the liver) and I used Panko Italian bread crumbs (after trying the Italian, I can't go back to the plain ones). Everything else I followed exactly. You are a great Chef. I must check out any other recipes you may have posted. Thanks for making my day!