Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best time to cook Okra is in June.This summer delight would make any mouth water especially if you like okra.
- Wash okra; drain.
- Cut off tips and stems ends; cut okra crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Combine flour,cracker meal,1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine egg,buttermilk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a dish, mixing well.
- Add about one-third of orka to egg mixture; remove okra with a slotted spoon, and place in flour mixture, stirring gently to coat okra.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven, heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry okra until golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure twice.
- Serve hot.