Recipe by mbwolf
Just a quick and easy recipe. I tried to find one on here, but this is the bare bones and very yummy!
Top Review by Lacer
This was extremely yummy! Reminded me of the mushrooms we had at the bar/grill I worked at in college! I had rather large mushrooms, so I quartererd them, which worked well. Very messy to make, but worth it!
- 8 -10 ounces whole white mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the mushrooms and remove most of the stem.
- Pat mushrooms dry with a paper towel.
- Coat mushrooms with flour, lightly tap to remove excess flour.
- Dip in eggs.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Set on a rack for a few minutes, so batter sets/dries.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer to 375 degrees. Pay close attention to grease while it heats. Cooking with oil at high heat levels can be dangerous!
- Deep fry mushrooms in batches for approximately 3- 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.