Recipe by Sackville
Invented in Scotland, this dish has now become famous worldwide. It is an excellent source of fat, sugar and calories. For a seasonal variation you could also try deep frying a Cadbury's Creme Egg.
Top Review by jbe467
MMMMMMMMM! Sinfully delish!!! We are unfortunately addicted to these now. We also tried this with Oreos (very tasty) Reeses Cups (so-so) and York Peppermint Patties (not so good). Next we will try Snickers and 3 Muskateers. Milky Way is by far the best. I had seen a Food Network show (Top Five) that had a segment on these and I had been craving ever since then, and this recipe satisfied that craving ten-fold. Thanks for sharing!!! Now if I could only find a copycat recipe for Chili's Chicken Crispers, I could die happy!!
- 1 Mars bars or 1 Milky Way bar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- milk or beer
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
- Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
- Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
- Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
- Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
- Coat completely in batter.
- Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.