Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ground beef seasoned and prepared in a deep fry coating.
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 4 ounces jalapenos (depending on spice desired) or 8 ounces green chilies (depending on spice desired)
- 4 ounces dill pickles (3 wedges)
- 5 ounces bell peppers (1 medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon tex mex seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- Pre heat Deep fryer to 375 degrees. Put the mixed flour and cornmeal (dry) into a meatloaf pan. In a small food processor, blend Jalapeno, pickle wedges and bell pepper until they resemble relish. Mix all together thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Roll mixture into 1oz balls and roll balls in dry flour/cornmeal mix until completely coated. Put in fry basket (sides NOT touching), deep fry for 5 minutes.
- The dry coating keeps the juices sealed inside and makes these meatballs a delightful snack or appetizer.