Recipe by ElaineM
We found out by accident that simple cream cheese and tortilla roll ups are delicious deep fried. These can be made ahead and stored in freezer bags until they're ready to be fried.
- 2 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 40 canned jalapeno slices, minced
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients except for the flour tortillas.
- Spread mixture evenly over the flour tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas as tightly as possible.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Slice diagonally about 2" in length.
- Discard the ends and any pieces not tightly wrapped.(save them for snacks).
- Chill for another hour.
- Immediately deep fry them at 350 degrees just until they float and are lightly browned which should be a minute or two.