Recipe by Dib's
This really is to die for! I don't know anyone who hasnt loved having this for dessert!!! Cook time is 15 seconds.
Top Review by manninam
This is a good recipe, but I had a little difficulty with the ice cream melting. I followed the recipe exactly, and although I fried the balls no longer than a few seconds on each side, the ice cream still melted. I feel like maybe if a little more sugar was used, it would have hardened a little better - I'll try that next time!
- breyer's vanilla ice cream
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup crushed granola cereal
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- fried tortilla, for bowls,make fresh (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- grated chocolate (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- hot chocolate fudge topping (optional)
- hot caramel topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cookie crumbs, coconut, crushed granola, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place evenly on a plate.
- Scoop out Ice Cream to the size of tennis balls and roll in the cookie mixture, pressing firmly.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all crumb topping is used.
- Freeze balls to HARD.
- Prepare optional toppings.
- In a deep pot or fryer heat oil to 400 degrees, and deep enough to cover the balls-allow for the oil to foam up at first.
- If your making tortilla bowls do them now.
- Fry balls two at a time for no longer than 15 seconds-just enough time to make a hard"candy" type coating thats golden.
- Place in tortilla bowl, suround with whipped cream and top with what ever you wish.
- I like grated chocolate or sprinkles, nuts and hot fudge.