Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
O.K. so this is definitely not diet food. But it is way good. I had this in college at a wonderful Mexican restaurant. You can make up the ice cream balls up to 2 days in advance if stored in an airtight container. This is very easily made into a half batch.
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 -3 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups whipped cream
- oil, to deep fry
- Form ice cream into balls about the size of a baseball. You will need to put each one in the freezer as you make them.
- Roll each in corn flakes then roll in eggs, then once more in flakes to completely coat.
- Immediately put back in freezer to harden.
- Heat enough oil to cover the ice cream as it cooks.
- When oil is hot dip ice cream in for 15 seconds or just till lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with cinnamon, put a dollop of cream on top, and drizzle with honey.
OMG! These things are amazing. I told my family I was making fried ice cream and they said "what?" But after they had them, they wanted to know when I was making them again. Definitely a winner.
This recipe is ridiculously unhealthy! I am sure it taste great , but very unhealthy!