Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
found this recipe in a local paper, have not tried it yet, but it sounds different
Make and share this Deep Fried Honey Bananas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 12 medium bananas
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, if desired
- Mix the egg, yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix them together well.
- Cover the dough and let it set 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut the bananas into 3-4 pcs each and dip pieces into dough.
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy skillet till hot.
- Fry the banana pieces in hot oil, turning to brown both sides -- till light golden brown.
- Serve hot with honey to drizzle over the top.
- May sift powdered sugar over banana before drizzling with honey, if desired.