1/1 Photo of Deep Fried Guacamole
These little guacamole bites are over the top addictive! They are so unique as well. A great addition to any appetizer platter. Serve with a salsa based dip for a perfect balance of flavour. :-) These do require some prep time, but are well worth the effort for these once in awhile, indulgent, treats. **note** prep time does NOT include freezing time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- vegetable oil, as needed for frying
- sea salt, to taste
- 1Peel and pit avocados. In a bowl, coarsely mash avocados; fold in onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime zest and juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 2Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax or parchment paper. Spoon avocado mixture into pan; spread into an even layer. Place another sheet of parchment on top; freeze until solid, 6 to 8 hours.
- 3At least 30 mins before serving, in a small shallow bowl, beat eggs with 3 tablespoons water.
- 4Remove avocado mixture to a cutting board; cut into small cubes. Dip each cube in flour, then egg wash, breadcrumbs, and again in wash and breadcrumbs. Arrange in a large baking pan; cover and return to the freezer until firm, 20 to 30 minutes. (You can leave these overnight in the freezer if you want to have the prep work done ahead of time.).
- 5When you are ready to cook these, in a deep skillet or pot, heat oil to 350°F Fry frozen guacamole bites in batches until golden; drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve immediately sprinkled, if desired, with kosher salt. :-).
Browse Our Top Avocado Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 255.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: