Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My dh has been on a quest to find a recipe for deep fried green beans. I am posting both of the recipes I have found on here so I do not loose them. Enjoy!
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Cool in bowl of ice water.
- Drain again.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 350°F
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup water, eggs, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl; whisk until smooth batter forms.
- Dip 6 beans at a time into batter; shake off excess.
- Add to hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes per batch.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with more salt and serve hot.
These were okay, but didn't stay crispy like hockeychick said. I thought they were a little bland. Thanks for posting regardless. ;-)
The batter is delicious and works on zucchini as well. However after all of the batches were cooked the majority of the beans were cold and no longer crisp. Would probably work well if frying up for individuals instead of a group.
Delicious. I substituted milk for the water. Great recipe.