Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds interesting. Recipe from garlic lovers cookbook. I'm going to try them soon.
- 2 whole fresh bulbs of garlic
- boiling water
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Separate bulbs and peel garlic.
- Drop cloves into boiling water and when boiling resumes, blanch for about 3-4 minutes. The longer the cloves cook the milder their flavor, but don't overcook or they will be mushy.
- Drain and pour cold water over to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare batter by combining biscuit mix, egg, beer, parsley and salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep pot or fry cooker.
- Dip each cooked clove of garlic into batter and fry until golden brown in color.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Serve Hot.
I love these. I had The Garlic Lover's Cookbook years ago and it was lost in our many moves. I was thrilled to find the recipe here. I made these last weekend. My husband threatened to make me sleep on the couch the next time I made them....I think they just might be worth it.....They are realy good dipped in ranch dressing.
Garlic lovers' heaven! The only fiddly part - as always - was peeling the garlic. After that, these really were fun to make and just SO delicious, SO worth the effort! They would make a great appetiser or a side dish with pretty well anything. On this occasion, because I like the idea of them with a salad, we ate them - as the tastiest morsels imaginable -with toni gifford's Mango and Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Dressing Recipe #115224. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
I actually had this at a resturant once, I was very surprised at how good it was, you should try this as an app to go with a nice lite pasta dish, youll be pleased!