Recipe by Darlene Summers
These go well with grills or as appetizers. The herb butter can also be used with other dippers like seafood, fried potato chunks, etc. Cooking time includes making herb butter.
- 4 ears of fresh sweet corn, cut into 2 inch chunks, about 4 per ear
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- white pepper
- wooden skewer
- 2 cups corn oil (For deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skewer each piece of corn with wooden skewers.
- Make herb butter by melting butter and adding all spices except salt and pepper.
- Deep fry corn on skewers with stick end sticking up (fry for 2 minutes--easier to use a fry basket if you have one). Lift from oil and drain.
- Dip each piece in hot butter mixture, sprinkle with salt and white pepper.