Recipe by Smile1968
I haven't made this recipe in many years, but it is a great change for a special occasion,like Christmas morning. It is pretty rich, but it is really yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 10 slices bread
- oil (for frying)
- cinnamon (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients first,then add Milk and Eggs.
- Beat all ingredients well.
- Cut Bread in half.
- Dip Bread into batter and fry in 1/2 inch oil ultil light brown.
- My personal preference is using Hawaian Bread in lieu of regular white Bread, really sweet, but has a great flavor, a very nice change from the same ol same ol. I also love to sprinkle cinnamon on the dipped Bread just before frying, my family loves cinnamon on our French Toast.
- You could also sprinkle some Powdered sugar on top when ready to serve.