A great recipe found in Jean Pare's Company Cookbook "Fish and Seafood" We used whitefish caught in Lake Superior. Great appy or main course as fish patties. We doubled the recipe and served as an appetizer
- 1 lb ocean perch fillets or 1 lb other white fish fillet
- water, to cover
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- Cover fillets with water in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered for 5 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Drain, cool and flake.
- Beat 1 egg with fork in bowl. Add next 9 ingredients. Add fish. Mix well.
- Let stand 10 minutes so crumbs absorb moisture.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Beat 2 large eggs and 2 tbsp water together with fork.
- Dip ball in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot 400F fat until browned.
- Serve with picks and seafood sauce.
- To make as patties, form into 4 patties and dip in bread crumbs.
- Brown on both sides in 2 tbsp hard margarine not butter.
WOW! These are really yummy! I used Tilapia fish and made exactly as directed but found 1/3 cup breadcrumbs wasn't enough for me - I probably used 1/2 cup. Very flavorful and easy to make! Thanks for posting I'll be making this often! :)