Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in my mother's recipes and it is so simple and a real crowd pleaser!! 8) (Prep time includes refrigerating time).
- fine dry breadcrumb
- 6 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Melt the butter, and blend in the flour, then milk.
- Cook until thickened, stir continuously.
- Cut the crabmeat into small pieces, removing fiber.
- Combine crabmeat with the spices, onion, parsley, and Worcestershire to cream sauce.
- Lightly sprinkle the breadcrumbs on bottom of pan.
- Spread the mixture in pan and chill for 1/2 hour.
- When chilled, mold the mixture into small balls and roll in fine bread crumbs.
- Then dip in beaten egg, and re-coat in crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat about 350F, or until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels, stick tooth-picks in and serve!