1/1 Photo of Deep-Fried Cornish Game Hens
Tina in Ohio's Note:
Also found in book "Fried and True": Deep-Fried Cornish Game Hens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Don't fill your stockpot more than half full with shortening/oil, to allow for the inevitable boiling up when the hens are added.
- 2Also, be sure the hens are at room temperature so the fat temperature doesn't drop dramatically from the shock of an ice-cold bird.
- 3Rinse the hens and pat completely dry, inside and out, with paper towels. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Place a large wire cake rack over a jelly roll pan/cookie sheet.
- 5In a stockpot, melt vegetable shortening over high heat to a depth of 2 to 3 inches and heat it to 375 degrees F.
- 6Carefully put 1 Cornish hen in the hot shortening. Deep fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 309.8 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 68.2 g