Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a fun recipe! It is great as an after dinner treat, or with friends as a group effort. You can use your favorite chocolate creme cookie.
- 1 quart canola oil (for frying)
- 1 (20 ounce) package chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 2 cups dry pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix pancake mix with water according to pkg. directions.
- When the oil comes up to temperature, dip 4 or 5 cookies at a time into the batter, and fry in hot oil, turning once, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil using tongs, and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fried cookies with confectioner's sugar and serve.
- Times are approximate, and don't include time for oil to get hot.