- vegetable oil, enough to fry shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep fryer or deep skillet to 325*.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, salt, ginger, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites, just until foamy.
- Coat shrimp with flour; dip into egg whites.
- Pat coconut onto shrimp.
- Fry, turning once, for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.