Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, good and Spicy. This is deep fried heaven if you like peppers, I use both hot and mild peppers so that it is a surprise which on you are getting. Or if you know that there will be guests that do not like the heat you can separate out the different veggies. Most times I just put all on a platter with dips and lettuce in the middle of the plate for people to wither make their own wrap or to eat as fried hor's dourves.
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 round steaks
- 12 jalapenos
- 2 anaheim chilies
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, separated (whites beaten to white foam)
- 3 cups oil, for frying
- Freeze breasts or steaks for 15 minutes to make it easier to slice thin.
- Slice into thin strips.
- Seed and cut all peppers into thin strips.
- Peel onion and cut into thin strips.
- Place flour and seasoning into a bag add all peppers and onion.
- Drop floured veggies onto batter and add to hot oil.
- Fry until golden about 3 minutes.
- Repeat until all veggies are cooked and then cook meat the same way.
- Great with nacho cheese, ranch dressing or salsa to dip inches Or you can serve on a leaf of lettuce to use as the tortilla, since there is batter on the stuffing.