Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another dim sum appetizer from Diana Liu. This is very different but great if you like chicken liver. I serve these with hot mustard, catsup and sesame seeds for dipping.
- 1 lb chicken liver, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chinese flower pepper (purchase in asian market)
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- Mix beaten eggs with flour, salt and sherry.
- Dip chicken livers into batter.
- Heat oil in pan until hot.
- Deep fry sliced livers until golden brown.
- Sprinkle ground chinese flower pepper on livers before serving.
- Serve hot or cold.