1/5 Photos of Deep-Fried Cheesecake Spring Roll Wrapper
Pulled off the internet for a discussion board request for tortilla wrapped cheesecake. Never tried this one, but I don't see any reason that the spring roll wrapper can't be replaced with a tortilla with some adjustments to the size of the cake slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared cheesecake (homemade or store bought)
- 30 egg roll wraps (available in Asian and large supermarkets, I don't see why tortilla's wouldn't work here)
- 1 egg wash (whisk 1 egg with 1 cup of milk)
- vegetable oil, as needed
- cinnamon sugar, as needed
- 1Cut already-baked cheesecake into uniform pieces approximately 1-by-3 inches in size.
- 2One large cheesecake will produce about 30 slices for deep frying.
- 3Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with the egg wash.
- 4Blot off excess egg wash with paper towel.
- 5Place each piece of cheesecake in the middle of a wrapper.
- 6Fold top of wrapper down over the cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle.
- 7Roll each piece of cheesecake toward you until it is completely rolled up.
- 8Give this "egg roll" a gentle squeeze to make sure the dough is sealed completely.
- 9Using a deep frying pan, heat at least 3 inches of oil to 365°F.
- 10Dip the corner of one "egg roll" in the heated oil.
- 11If the oil sizzles, it is ready.
- 12If not, heat the oil a little longer.
- 13When the oil is ready, gently release "egg rolls" into the oil and allow to brown lightly, approximately 10 seconds.
- 14Using tongs, remove the golden-brown "egg rolls" from the oil.
- 15Place each "egg roll" in a bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat well.
- 16Place deep-fried slices of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving.
- 17(I'd use a rack).
- 18Caution: These will be very hot.
- 19Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
- 20They can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 21(Cinnamon sugar can be made by mixing 2 cups of sugar with 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Cheesecake Spring Roll Wrapper
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 183.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: