Recipe by momthecook #2
This recipe can be used for breading just about anything that is already cooked, i.e. leftover chicken, vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cup pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- flour, for coating
- 1⁄2 lb any cheese, 3/4-inch cubes
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip cheese cubes in water and then dredge with flour.
- Mix pancake mix and water together.
- Dip cheese pieces in batter and put in deep fryer at 375°F.
- Watch carefully until pieces are just browned. If you leave them too long they will melt out of the coating.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with marinara or any other dipping sauce.