Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually get these at my local farmers market at a little stand and they are wonderful but I can't get them to tell me the secret of their batter. But I created my own and I'm going to share. You can use any veggie you wish but I love cauliflower so thatt is what I use.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup dry Bisquick (or complete pan cake mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart oil (for frying)
- wash and cut caulilflower into flowerettes and set aside.
- combine bisquick (or Pan cake mix) with water in small bowl.
- Add caulilflower to batter and evenly coat.
- Add to oil at 350 degrees.
- Cook unitil golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing as dip.
This was a very nice way to serve cauliflower. Like mentioned in the other reviews, I also used less water otherwise the batter would have been too thin. Many thanks for sharing!!
These were very yummy! The batter was a little thin so I just cut it to 3/4 of a cup water and they still turned out great and the batter was a little thicker! Thanks for the good recipe BabyButtons.