Recipe by crazycookinmama
This comes from a cookbooklet called "Yum Cha and Asian Treats". They are easy to make, and they taste wonderful. Would be excellent served with a side of sweet and sour sauce.
- 350 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the carrot in boiling salted water for 15 minutes until just tender. Drain and mash well. Place the ginger in a garlic crusher and squeeze the juice into the mashed carrot. Add the spring onions, sesame oil and egg and season to taste.
- Shape the carrot mixture into small, walnut-sized balls. Roll the balls in the combined flour and sesame seeds, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 3-4 cm oil in a pan; add the carrot balls and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden.