Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy! Just like the restaurants in Spain! The coating is crispy though not overbearing, and the calamari will be tender. The trick here is that the Calamari needs to be cooked either super quick, or for a long time on a simmer for it to be tender. If you like fried calamari, you are going to love this recipe! Makes 2 mains or 4 appetizer portions
- Dredge calamari rings in corn starch and shake off excess.
- The rings may be prepared in advance up to this point, and refrigerated.
- Heat oil to fairly high heat.
- Deep fry rings about 1 minute or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garlic mayo or marinara sauce for dipping.