Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great snack that I like to make with my mushrooms. I prefer Panko bread crumbs for deep frying as they always come out nice and crispy. Does not have to be made in a deep fryer, but definitely helps with taste and even crispness. You can always change seasoning amounts to taste or use different ones like italian seasoning :)
- deep frying oil, canola or vegetable oil
- white button mushrooms, as many as you would like
- 1 cup japanese panko breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 egg, beaten with fork depending on amount of mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Leave mushrooms whole, trimming stems if you prefer, but not necessary.
- Mix garlic, chili powder, any other seasonings you would like with eggs and beat with fork for about a minute or two in a medium bowl.
- Put mushrooms in and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Dip mushrooms into bread crumbs, coating as thoroughly as possible, and fry in batches for 4-5 minutes.
- serve with soy sauce, ranch dressing, or your favorite dip.