1 hr 20 mins
Vegetarian version of what my grandmother makes for our Easter dinner. If you have no chills, substitute salsa for the chills and the tomatoes. Be sure to have plenty of toothpicks. This recipe makes more filling than will be needed for the tacos, so if you do not want leftover filling, double the amount of flour, oil, and water used in the tortillas and make twice as many.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, add flour and oil, whisk together. Slowly mix the water in and form dough.
- 2Knead the dough for 2 minutes, roll into balls about 1.5 inches in diameter. After letting sit for 30 minutes, move on to step 6.
- 3In a saucepan, saute onion until tender, then add the black beans, chills, tomatoes, and spices.
- 4Simmer the mixture for 10-20 minutes until thick.
- 5Set the filling aside. Roll each ball of dough into a thin tortilla.
- 6Warm a skillet to medium heat, and cook each tortilla until they are white with a few brown spots.
- 7When all tortillas are made, spoon a couple tablespoons of filling in each tortilla, fold them, use toothpicks to keep the tacos closed.
- 8Either heat enough oil in a skillet to deep fry or heat up a deep fryer and add the tacos 3 at a time. Fry until they are a crunchy light brown. Remove and set on a paper towel. Serve with cheddar cheese and salsa.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Blackbean Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 30.3 g