Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Indonesian appetizer recipe. They are delicious comfort food and very easy to prepare. Serve this with dipping sauce.
Deep Fried Beef Rolls
- 50 spring roll wrappers (I used frozen)
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 5 large eggs
- 5 scallions, stalks finely chopped
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- canola oil, for deep frying
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 5 Thai chiles, finely chopped
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- Deep Fried Beef Rolls:.
- Brown grown beef in a skillet.
- Discard excess fat.
- Mix ground beef with chopped scallions, salt, coriander and eggs.
- Fill each spring rolls with ~ 2-3 tablespoon of the ground beef mixture.
- Fold the edges to make a rectangle shaped rolls.
- Deep fried beef rolls in oil, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients together, cover with plastic wrap, chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Took this appetizer to an office party this last week and everyone loved them. I made them exactly like you should but the dipping sauce, I blended in a blender so it was more like a dipping sauce than a salsa. Did get a few references to lumpia though from my co-workers but that was ok.