Recipe by Morning Biscotti
This is an Indonesian appetizer recipe. They are delicious comfort food and very easy to prepare. Serve this with dipping sauce.
Top Review by Member #610488
Took this appetizer to an office party this last week and everyone loved them. I made them exactly like you should but the dipping sauce, I blended in a blender so it was more like a dipping sauce than a salsa. Did get a few references to lumpia though from my co-workers but that was ok.
Deep Fried Beef Rolls
- 50 spring roll wrappers (I used frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 5 large eggs
- 5 scallions, stalks finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- canola oil, for deep frying
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 5 Thai chiles, finely chopped
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Deep Fried Beef Rolls:.
- Brown grown beef in a skillet.
- Discard excess fat.
- Mix ground beef with chopped scallions, salt, coriander and eggs.
- Fill each spring rolls with ~ 2-3 tablespoon of the ground beef mixture.
- Fold the edges to make a rectangle shaped rolls.
- Deep fried beef rolls in oil, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients together, cover with plastic wrap, chill for at least 1 hour before serving.