Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes enough for 12 people. You can serve these with your favorite.....honey, maple syrup, powder sugar, melted chocolate or hot fudge!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, large, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil
- 9 bananas, firm and ripe, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring often.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees. Dip the banana slices into the batter; fry in hot oil 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Great breakfast. Made these for breakfast, cutting recipe in half, using some powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Nice and easy to make, and the kids especially dove into these. Went well with some French toast. Made for your win in Football Pool Week 10.
Not overly impressed. Skin was soft and flavorless after frying. Didn't add much to the dish.