Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is from the show "Take Home Chef" on TLC. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked delicious.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup flour, and
- 2 tablespoons flour, separated
- vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into 3rds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pour ice and water into a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in 1 C flour.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Lightly coat bananas in remaining flour, then dip into water & flour batter.
- Fry in oil for 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Toss bananas in sugar, serve with ice cream.