Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a great starter that will keep the whole family happy, including the kids! A recipe I knocked up for my 6-year-old son, now we all eat them. Easy to make and great served with some cherry tomatoes.
- 300 g diced chicken breasts
- 3 slices middle rashers bacon (Diced)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Dice chicken and bacon ,mix together in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add Parsley ,Cheese ,Mayonaise and flour and mix well.
- Press mixture into approx 1 inch round balls.
- Roll the balls in bread crumbs until balls become firm enough to deep fry.
- Put in fridge for an hour or two then deep fry 180c until golden brown (Approx 10min).
- Serve with fresh salad or cherry tomatoes.
What a terrific little recipe. I just loved these small balls and will certainly make them again.
Yummo, what a burst of flavour these morsels are. A huge hit here, I ended up with about fourteen balls, maybe due to the size of my bacon rashes. These little beauties don't need any condiment, they are great just by themselves. Thanks for the recipe!