Recipe by DinnerDiva in OK
I had this at a local restaurant and it is seriously the best salmon I have ever had. I asked them for the recipe and but they wouldn't give it out. This is my recreation and I think it's better than theirs!
Top Review by loggingisnotacrime
I have never successfully cooked cedar plank salmon, but this was a great success! The taste was wonderful. I used course ground dijon, I would suggest a smooth mustard as it probably would carmalize better.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least four hours. Heat grill on high and place plank on grill until dries out, should not take more than 3 minutes, then turn grill down to low.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Adjust to taste, adding more sugar gives a nice caramelized crust.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Coat top with sauce. Place on cedar plank and cook with grill hood down for about 20 minutes on low. Make sure cedar does not catch on fire. Salmon will flake with fork when done.