1/1 Photo of Deep-dish Veggie Pizza
An easy version of deep-dish pizza that is loaded with veggies. You can add pepperoni, smoked turkey or ham between the spinach and ricotta layers, if you like. From a Better Homes and Garden cooking contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) packages prepared pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded pizza cheese (4-cheese blend)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Lightly coat a 12-inch heavy oven-proof pan or cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Unroll 1 package of pizza dough and shape into a circle.
- 4Press dough into prepared skillet; shape onto bottom and halfway up sides.
- 5Bake 5 minutes, remove from oven.
- 6In a large skillet sautee onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 7Add spinach, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 8Cook and stir until spinach is heated through.
- 9Remove from heat and set aside.
- 10In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of pizza cheese, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the red pepper flakes.
- 11Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the bottom of partially baked crust.
- 12Spread the ricotta mixture over the spinach layer.
- 13Top with the sliced tomatoes and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 14Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the pizza cheese.
- 15Unroll remaining pizza dough and form into a 12 to 13 inch circle.
- 16Place dough on top of layers.
- 17Brush with remaining olive oil.
- 18Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden.
- 19Top with remaining pizza cheese.
- 20Bake 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- 21Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-dish Veggie Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 200.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust