1/2 Photos of Deep-Dish Traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Casserole
PSU Lioness's Note:
I adapted this recipe from one that I found on the Pillsbury website to get a casserole that is more like the traditional chicken cordon bleu. The flaky, sweetness of the crescent rolls in this recipe knocks the taste out of the park! Serve with broccoli for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I used the reduced fat variety)
- 29.58 ml salted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 453.59 g chicken, cooked and shredded
- 0 swiss cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml light sour cream
- 29.58-44.37 ml Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml honey (optional. We didn't use it)
- 4.92 ml horseradish sauce (we used regular prepared horseradish)
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 453.59 g deli ham (we used thin shaved honey ham)
- 1Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9" (3 qt) casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Unroll crescent rolls in baking dish; press perforations to seal.
- 3Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 4Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in shredded chicken.
- 7Place 8 slices of the Swiss cheese over baked crust.
- 8In small bowl, stir Parmesan cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, horseradish sauce and thyme until well blended.
- 9Spoon half of the mayonnaise mixture evenly over cheese on crust.
- 10Spoon chicken mixture evenly over mayonnaise mixture on crust.
- 11Spoon remaining mayonnaise mixture evenly over chicken.
- 12Cover chicken evenly with ham.
- 13Top with remaining 8 slices Swiss cheese.
- 14Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Dish Traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 690.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: