Top Review by Nasseh
I made recipe using enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce. I also lowered the mayo to 1/4 cup & added taco seasoning to the meat. The biscuit layer was rather bland & needs something added to it. Other than that it was good.
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (2 T.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine biscuit mix and water, stirring with a fork until blended.
- Press mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 12x8x2" baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Cook ground beef, green pepper, and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce; spoon over crust.
- Combine sour cream, cheese, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl; spoon over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle top evenly with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until casserole is lightly browned.
- Cut into squares to serve.