Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (2 T.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Combine biscuit mix and water, stirring with a fork until blended.
- Press mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 12x8x2" baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Cook ground beef, green pepper, and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce; spoon over crust.
- Combine sour cream, cheese, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl; spoon over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle top evenly with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until casserole is lightly browned.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I made recipe using enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce. I also lowered the mayo to 1/4 cup & added taco seasoning to the meat. The biscuit layer was rather bland & needs something added to it. Other than that it was good.
I got this recipe from my aunt, and have made it several times. Some of her measurements are bit different, but the idea is the same. It turns out tasty and the leftovers (if there are any!) are good too. Thanks for posting (now I don't have to!)
This was great for a quick weeknight meal. Was really yummy and so easy. i added black beans and taco seanoning to it, also.