OK this is not dietetic but is tastes great. It basically is a ground beef pie with all the extras of pizza. Its fast to make and tastes great. I slim it down a bit at times using ground chicken and low fat cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf (other brands should be fine)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (you can mix cheeses yourself)
- 1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni slices (don't have to use this & will still taste good)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 11. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 22. Use olive oil to grease a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- 33. Cook beef and onion in a skillet (medium heat).
- 44. Drain frying pan when beef is fully cooked
- 55. Stir in pizza sauce.
- 66. Unroll bread dough into pie pan and manipulate until the edges over the complete pie pan.
- 77. Add beef mixture to the pan - on top of the dough.
- 88. Top with half the cheese.
- 99. Add pepperoni.
- 1010. Top with remaining cheese.
- 1111. In a small bowl add egg and water, mix well and then brush crust with the egg mixture.
- 1212. Bake 38 - 48 minutes
- 1313. Cool 10 minutes.
- 1414. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Stuffed Pizza Pie
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 614.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend