Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
OK this is not dietetic but is tastes great. It basically is a ground beef pie with all the extras of pizza. Its fast to make and tastes great. I slim it down a bit at times using ground chicken and low fat cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf (other brands should be fine)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (you can mix cheeses yourself)
- 1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni slices (don't have to use this & will still taste good)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Use olive oil to grease a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- 3. Cook beef and onion in a skillet (medium heat).
- 4. Drain frying pan when beef is fully cooked
- 5. Stir in pizza sauce.
- 6. Unroll bread dough into pie pan and manipulate until the edges over the complete pie pan.
- 7. Add beef mixture to the pan - on top of the dough.
- 8. Top with half the cheese.
- 9. Add pepperoni.
- 10. Top with remaining cheese.
- 11. In a small bowl add egg and water, mix well and then brush crust with the egg mixture.
- 12. Bake 38 - 48 minutes
- 13. Cool 10 minutes.
- 14. Cut into wedges and enjoy.