Recipe by Lennie
Certainly not low-cal, but wonderful!
Top Review by bill mayes
Kinda dissapointed with the pie. I made it for Christmas 2011. I used splenda and most thought it was not very sweet. I had to use granny smith,macintosh and honey crisp apples. some used the word bland to discribe it. Sorry but all I could give this recipe is 3 stars.
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 8 cooking apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Use an unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell, your own recipe or storebought.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the flour in shell.
- Arrange apple slices in bottom.
- (Use Northern Spy apples if possible; they're the best for cooking IMHO.) Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, brown sugar, yolks, butter, salt and remaining 1 tbsp flour.
- Blend well and spoon over apples.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F degrees and bake for 40 more minutes, or until apples are tender.