Recipe by CrinV
A unique twist on an old favourite. This had a nice bready crust on the bottom and no potato's on top. We really enjoyed it. This came from a coupon mail out book.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 (2 1/4 teaspoon) envelopesinstant fast rise yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Batter: Mix all ingredients in prepared dish until soft, sticky batter is formed. Cover; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Filling: Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper for 3 minutes.
- Stir in beef, breaking up with wooden spoon; cook, stirring for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- Add tomatoes, breaking up larger pieces; bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables until well coated. Pour mixture over batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into squares and serve.