Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, but very indulgent dessert. I found this recipe while looking for desserts to serve at a make-your-own pizza party I was hosting. Yes, it is very rich, but life is short so just loosen your belt and enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 8 ounces caramel candies, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy (about 1 minute at medium speed).
- Add 1 cup of the flour, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in remaining 3/4 cup flour to make a soft dough.
- Spread onto bottom of prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven& reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, mini-marshmallows and pecans over crust, then drizzle caramel over top.
- Return to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges of marshmallows are light golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely before slicing into wedges.
Absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this again! Though next time I will use the caramel topping as suggested by other reviewers as the caramel candies do get rather hard to cut and/or chew.
WoW!!! You are right about rich!!! I am having this scrumptious pie as I type. This is my last indulgence for a very long time. I am glad I chose this to be it! YUmMy!!! I am gonna make this for whatever comes up next! Thank you Gayla! — May 25, 2006 Edited to add a tip- If you plan on having leftovers, you might want to sub the caramels for a caramel topping (like smuckers). The caramel hardens quite a bit over night. Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!!!
Wow, is this good!! I served it at a school function and you should have heard the teenage boys especially carrying on about it. It was extremely popular. I loved the flavor and how easy it was to put together. It took about 15 minutes for my marshmallows to brown. Excellent recipe, definitely worth 10 stars! Thanks Gayla!