1 hr 30 mins
Posted from a German website in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 batch puff pastry (storebought or your own double-crust recipe) or 1 pie crust (storebought or your own double-crust recipe)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, lightly browned
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place pumpkin in a sauce pan, cover with water and add the vinegar.
- 3Cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes: drain.
- 4Roll out pastry and line a greased baking pan with half of it.
- 5Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over pastry.
- 6Arrange alternate layers of pumpkin, cheese and meat seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and basil.
- 7End with a pumpkin layer Pour cream over top and sprinkle all over with a little grated cheese.
- 8Dot with butter Cut remaining dough into strips and arrange decoratively on top of casserole Brush with egg yolk.
- 9Bake approximately 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Pumpkin and Meat Pie (Kurbispatete)
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.6 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: