Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted from a German website in response to a recipe request.
Make and share this Deep Dish Pumpkin and Meat Pie (Kurbispatete) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 batch puff pastry (storebought or your own double-crust recipe) or 1 pie crust (storebought or your own double-crust recipe)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, lightly browned
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pumpkin in a sauce pan, cover with water and add the vinegar.
- Cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes: drain.
- Roll out pastry and line a greased baking pan with half of it.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over pastry.
- Arrange alternate layers of pumpkin, cheese and meat seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and basil.
- End with a pumpkin layer Pour cream over top and sprinkle all over with a little grated cheese.
- Dot with butter Cut remaining dough into strips and arrange decoratively on top of casserole Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake approximately 1 hour.