1 hr 15 mins
A husband favorite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicago-style deep-dish pizza dough, at room temperature (Chicago Style Deep-Dish Pizza Dough)
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicago-style pizza sauce (Tomato Sauce for Chicago Style Pizza)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Position oven rack on the 2nd-lowest level in the oven and place a baking stone on the rack; preheat oven to 500°.
- 2Brush a 14-inch deep-dish pizza pan with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- 3Press the dough evenly to cover the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
- 4Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a big skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoons olive oil; swirl to coat the pan.
- 6Scatter the sausage in the pan; stir/saute until the sausage is cooked through and not pink, 5 minutes; drain sausage, then transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- 7Assemble pizza: lightly press the dough up the sides of the pan if it has slid back down.
- 8Lay half of the mozzarella slices over dough, overlapping them to cover the dough completely.
- 9Scatter the cooked sausage over the top; sprinkle the garlic over the sausage.
- 10Arrange the remaining cheese slices over the top.
- 11Ladle tomato sauce evenly over the cheese; sprinkle with Parmesan over the sauce.
- 12Place pizza in oven on the baking stone; decrease temperature to 450°.
- 13Bake about 30 minutes, until crust is a deep golden brown and the cheese is golden.
- 14Remove pizza from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 5-7 minutes.
- 15Cut pizza into large wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Dish Pizza With Sausage, Garlic, and Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.5
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.6 mg
- Sodium 2732.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 53.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: