Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A stuffed pizza, or an Italian-style quiche? Hmmm... We just know it’s delicious!
- 2 1⁄4 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pizza dough flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning or 2 teaspoons seasoning, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered, about 1 3/4 cups
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 -6 ounces ham, diced, about 1 cup (optional)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Crust: Cut the butter into the dry ingredients, sprinkle in the water, and mix gently just until the dough comes together. Roll the dough into a 14-inch circle, and place it in a lightly greased 9 1/2 x 2-inch removable bottom or springform pan. Prick the bottom of the dough, then refrigerate it, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Filling: Combine the ricotta, eggs, 3 tablespoons of the flour, and seasoning. Set aside. Sauté the vegetables and ham in olive oil until lightly browned and most of the water has evaporated. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon thickener, then set aside to cool.
- Assembly: Bake the chilled crust in a preheated 425°F oven for 16 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned, giving it a few pricks if it’s puffing up. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 of the shredded cheeses over the crust. Add the ricotta filling, then top with the vegetables. Drizzle the tomato sauce over the filling and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Top with pepperoni if desired. Using a pie crust shield or foil to prevent the edges from over-browning, bake the quiche at 425°F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.