Recipe by AmandaAOates
The best pizza dough ever!!! This recipe orginated from the "Emeril Live" television show. I changed a couple of things but the recipe is incredible. Rises well...My boyfriend raves that it's better than any take out pizza :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups bread machine flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, to grease bowl
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, yeast and sugar.
- Stir to mix and let stand until the mixture is frothy.
- Add half the flour and all of the oil and salt to the yeast mixture.
- Mix with hand until all flour is incorporated.
- Continue adding the rest of the flour until dough is still slightly sticky.
- Place dough on a a floured surface and knead until smooth but still tacky.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining two tsp oil.
- Place the dough in the bowl and turn to oil all sides.
- Cover with platic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until nearly doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide into 2 equal portions.