Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very simple and quick dinner when dressed up with a tossed salad. This recipe was modified from one out of a Weight Watcher's cookbook. Feel free to vary what you add to the pizza.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook meat and onion in a large non-stick skillet until browned.
- Return to skillet and add tomato sauce and mushrooms until heated through.
- While the meat mixture is cooking, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough and press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Top bottom of pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 425°F for 12 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
A great recipe! I was a bit nervous that this would have a really soggy crust from all that sauce but even the middle baked up nice! I put a layer of pepperoni slices under the ground beef mixture and I also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Be sure to let it rest for the full 5 minutes or even 10. I was in too much of a hurry when I served the first piece and it didn't come out in a good slice like the second helpings did. A great recipe, thanks for sharing it!
This is so simple to make and very tasty. My family does not like mushrooms, so I omitted. I too added pepperoni, but on top of the cheese so my fussy grandson could pick them off. This is a sure winner!
Delicious and easy. I too added pepperoni, but I did it on top of the cheese. I think next time I'm going to put the pepperoni under the ground beef mixture like Pamela in Winnipeg. I'll definitely be making this again.